The Upload List button within Lists Tab allows you to upload any list of constituents to Fundraiser Performance Management, so that you can append columns to the list, analyze the list in Crosstab, or look at the results using the Map View. For example, if you have an event attendee you want to see the MG EVI score on, you could upload the list (all we need is the constituents' Entity IDs) and append MG EVI to the list. All columns that are available in Targeter can be appended to your list. Your entire list (including all the unique column names) will be viewable when you choose to view the list. You can then append the columns you need and export the list back to your local environment.
To upload a file, click on the Add List button at the top left of the window. Click Browse to select your file and enter the name that will appear in your Report Archive list. Note that the constituent ID must be the first column in the file you are uploading. The header on the constituent ID column must be labeled Entity ID or ID. You may upload Excel or CSV files. Once uploaded, you will be emailed when the list is available in the List Tab. You can then choose to add or remove columns and export the appended list to your local environment.
View the FAQ for uploading tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of files can I upload?
You may upload Excel or CSV files.
There are a few ways to try and solve this issue. You can try re-uploading your file as a CSV. Make sure that the entity ID is in the first column and "ID" is contained in the header row. You also want to make sure that you have the correct number of leading zeros in your Entity ID column. To add leading zeros to your column, follow the instructions below.
How do I add leading zeros to the Entity ID column in Excel?
- Click the cell in an Excel worksheet that you want to display leading zeros in. To select an entire column or row, click a letter or number along the top or side of the worksheet, or press "Ctrl" and "A" together to select the entire worksheet.
- Right-click the cell you selected in Step 1, or on one of the highlighted cells of a selected group, and click "Format Cells" to bring up a dialog box.
- Click on the "Number" tab, then click "Custom" in the Category pane on the left side of the Format Cells box.
- Click the number "0" in the Type pane on the right side of the box. In the text box at the top of the pane directly below the Type heading, enter a series of zeros that indicates the maximum number of digits you plan to enter for a single item in your worksheet. For example, type "0000000000" if you want each number to be ten digits long. In this case, if you type the number "123" into a cell, Excel adds leading zeros to make it "0000000123."
- Click "OK" to save the custom format.